Wednesday, May 25, 2011

i have a secret.


Yesterday I was reading Psalm 25 and came across a verse that intrigued me. . .

"The secret of the Lord is with them that fear Him; and He will shew them His covenant."

A secret? Nice. More specifically, the secret of the Lord. Hmm. Mystifying.

I love secrets (as I suppose everyone does), but that little word was what caught my eye. I eagerly looked it up in Hebrew and found the meaning to be even better than I could've guessed.

secret(sod): a session, that is, company of persons (in close deliberation); by implication, intimacy; secret counsel.

You know the times when you read something in the Word that absolutely overwhelms your heart? This was one of them. To think that the intimate, secret counsel of the King of kings is mine . . . oh, He is just too, too good! He is all the counsel, wisdom, and direction that I need! Jesus is my Wonderful Counselor. I don't need the counsel and advice of this world and its ridiculous notions. He is all that I need. MORE than I need. Perfectly sufficient.

I looked up this verse in Spanish as well and loved how it's said . . .

"La comunion intima de Jehovah es con los que le temen,
y a ellos hara conocer su pacto."

intimate communion.
oh, delight in it.
rest in it.
go hard after it.

you can't ever have enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment